We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors. We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
– information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website (including your geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation paths]);
– information that you provide to us when registering with our website (including [your email address]);
– information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our email notifications and/or newsletters (including [your name and email address]);
– information that you post to our website for publication on the internet;
– information contained in or relating to any communication that you send to us or send through our website (including [the communication content and metadata associated with the communication]); and
– any other personal information that you choose to send to us.
Personal information submitted to us through our website will be used for the purposes specified in this policy or on the relevant pages of the website. We may use your personal information to:
– administer our website and business;
– personalize our website for you;
– enable your use of the services available on our website;
– send you non-marketing commercial communications;
– send you email notifications that you have specifically requested;
– send you our email newsletter, if you have requested it (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require the newsletter);
– send you marketing communications relating to our business [or the businesses of carefully-selected third parties] which we think may be of interest to you, by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications);
– provide third parties with statistical information about our users (but those third parties will not be able to identify any individual user from that information);
– deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to our website;
– keep our website secure and prevent fraud; and
– verify compliance with the terms and conditions governing the use of our website.
If you submit personal information for publication on our website, we will publish and otherwise use that information in accordance with the license you grant to us.
We will not, without your express consent, supply your personal information to any third party for the purpose of their or any other third party’s direct marketing.
Disclose of your personal information:
– to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
– in connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings;
– in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
– to the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset that we are (or are contemplating) selling; and
– to any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
Except as provided in this policy, we will not provide your personal information to third parties.
Security of personal information:
We will take reasonable technical and organizational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password- and firewall-protected) servers. You acknowledge that the transmission of information over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet. You are responsible for keeping the password you use for accessing our website confidential; we will not ask you for your password (except when you log in to our website).
We may update this policy from time to time by publishing a new version on our website.
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you. Provision of such information will be subject to the supply of appropriate evidence of your identity. You may instruct us at any time not to process your personal information for marketing purposes. In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal information for marketing purposes, or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt out of the use of your personal information for marketing purposes.
Third party websites:
Our website includes hyperlinks to, and details of, third party websites. We have no control over, and are not responsible for, the privacy policies and practices of third parties.
A cookie is a file containing an identifier (a string of letters and numbers) that is sent by a web server to a web browser and is stored by the browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. Cookies may be either “persistent” cookies or “session” cookies: a persistent cookie will be stored by a web browser and will remain valid until its set expiry date, unless deleted by the user before the expiry date; a session cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed. Cookies do not typically contain any information that personally identifies a user, but personal information that we store about you may be linked to the information stored in and obtained from cookies. Cookies can be used by web servers to identify and track users as they navigate different pages on a website and identify users returning to a website.
We use Google Analytics to analyze the use of our website. Our analytics service provider generates statistical and other information about website use by means of cookies. The information generated relating to our website is used to create reports about the use of our website.
Third party cookies:
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies; for example:
– in Internet Explorer (version 11) you can block cookies using the cookie handling override settings available by clicking “Tools”, “Internet Options”, “Privacy” and then “Advanced”;
– in Firefox (version 44) you can block all cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Options”, “Privacy”, selecting “Use custom settings for history” from the drop-down menu, and deselecting “Accept cookies from sites”; and
– in Chrome (version 48), you can block all cookies by accessing the “Customize and control” menu, and clicking “Settings”, “Show advanced settings” and “Content settings”, and then selecting “Block sites from setting any data” under the “Cookies” heading.
Blocking all cookies will have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites. If you block cookies, you will not be able to use all the features on our website.
You can delete cookies already stored on your computer; for example:
– in Internet Explorer (version 11), you must manually delete cookie files (you can find instructions for doing so at http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/internet-explorer/delete-manage-cookies#ie=ie-11);
– in Firefox (version 44), you can delete cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Options” and “Privacy”, then selecting “Use custom settings for history” from the drop-down menu, clicking “Show Cookies”, and then clicking “Remove All Cookies”; and
– in Chrome (version 48), you can delete all cookies by accessing the “Customize and control” menu, and clicking “Settings”, “Show advanced settings” and “Clear browsing data”, and then selecting “Cookies and other site and plug-in data” before clicking “Clear browsing data”.
Deleting cookies will have a negative impact on the usability of many websites.
Affiliate Earnings Disclaimer
THINGAMAGIFT is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com, or endless.com, MYHABIT.com, SmallParts.com, or AmazonWireless.com. If you visit Amazon through a hyperlink found on our site, and continue on the complete a transaction, this website receives a small referral fee from Amazon. This sales commission is paid by Amazon and not the customer who is making the purchase – there is no additional cost to the customer. Amazon, the Amazon logo, MYHABIT, and the MYHABIT logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.
Thingamagift also uses the Viglinks ad network to handle merchant referral payments. Viglinks tracks outbound clicks from this website to match them with the corresponding merchant’s referral program, if one exists. Again, this sales commission doesn’t comes out of the retailer’s profits and does not add any additional cost to the consumer.